Healthcare Foundation Northern Sonoma County
The Healthcare Foundation Northern Sonoma County is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization bringing together our community to engage donors in the support of healthcare in northern Sonoma County - essentially all who live or work in the communities of Windsor, Healdsburg, Geyserville, Cloverdale, and north to the Mendocino County line. Healthcare Foundation Northern Sonoma County awards grants to organizations which support its goal to advance and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all residents of northern Sonoma County. Currently, they are leading a $14.5 million Capital Campaign to benefit Healdsburg District Hospital. A few achievements include:
- Partnered with the Wetzel Family to support funding of the new 6500 square foot Wetzel Family Emergency Department at Healdsburg District Hospital
- Supported funding in partnership with Ed and Betty Kozel for the Kozel Stroke Institute using robotic telepresence, the first rural community to incorporate this technology! This innovative approach to medicine uses a robot, which allows medical staff to work directly with specialists in remote locations.
- In partnership with Patricia and Raymond Chambers, supported funding for the reopening of the Healdsburg District Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit giving patients local state of the art ICU technology and excellent medical care. Previously, patients routinely transferred to other hospitals for ICU-level care.
- Funding for the state-of-the-art digital Mammogram and DEXA scanner to complete the development of the Women’s Diagnostic Center.
The Foundation is committed to improving the healthcare of northern Sonoma County, with future plans including:
- Fund new Information Technology for hospital, clinics and providers.
- Fund efforts to retain & recruit physicians.
- Invest in new radiology and diagnostic equipment at Healdsburg District Hospital.
The Foundation is volunteer-led and governed by a 25-member Board of Directors comprised of leading members of our community with experience in medicine, health, finance, government, business, and community leadership.